EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. WE THREE-OF-US KING FROM EAST~THEREABOUTS #DO-DO? BRING GIFTS, TRAVEL'in flat spiral from rt'. THROUGH (<) GRASS~THEREABOUTS, (>) RIVER, THROUGH (<) LAND~FLAT, (>) MOUNTAIN, FOLLOW STAR STAR-BLINK'move > lf'.
Refrain: STAR AMAZING, STAR rt-SHINE-DOWN-TO-lf. STAR star-SHINY PARALLEL KING CROWN crown-SHINY. MOVE+-TO-lf WEST+-lf CONTINUE"over time" GUIDE-lf US TO PERFECT LIGHT.
2. MY KING BORN HERE BETHLEHEM LAND~FLAT. ME BRING GOLD CROWN-lf AGAIN. KING FOREVER. RULE END NEVER. HE-lf RULE SUPREME. Refrain
3. INCENSE SWEET, ME OFFER-TO-lf HIM-lf. INCENSE SHOW"all" HIMSELF-lf KING. (<) PRAY+, (>) PRAISE+, VOICE COME-ON'up, up'. WORSHIP GOD ADVANCED. Refrain
4. INCENSE DIFFERENT, MINE BITTER. ME PREDICT HIS-lf LIFE SAD WILL. SORROW, SIGH, BLEED, DIE"step by step". BURIED DARK PLACE, SEALED. Refrain
5. HIS-lf GLORY SHOW"all", WHEN HE-lf ARISE. (<) KING, (>) GOD, SACRIFICE-TO-ctr. ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA. SOUND"pow", (<) EARTH, (>) SKY. Refrain
Notes: STAR-BLINK'move > lf' - [O^], PO down is held high and opens to [5^] and closes again multiple times while moving > left as if the star is moving > Bethlehem (at left).
crown-SHINY - (2h)[open 8], FT point to temples and move away while twisting. BETHLEHEM - "B" CITY. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Bethlehem.
ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
CROWN-lf - (2h)[L:] (like BIG) place crown on head at left with large single movement.
SUPREME - (2h)[A], FOs away, DH starts below NDH and arcs around it until it is on top.
INCENSE - , PO > signer, FO up, is held somewhat low, DH produces SMELL, them [5^], PO down, starts at end of incense stick and circles upwards like smoke.
COME-ON'up, up' - (2h)[B], POs up, FOs away, flap fingers as in the movement of FIFTEEN and both hands move upwards.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, arc > signer a bit then move up in a definite movement. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: exalt.
SIGH - (2h), POs > signer, FOs ><, DH is held above NDH with both near chest and hands move out once as if breathing a heavy sigh with the appropriate facial expression.
DIE"step by step" - The sign DIE is executed in small steps.
SEALED - STONE + (2h)[C] move to show a circular stone disk rolled over a door + STAY*.
SOUND"pow" - Touch ear with index finger then (2h)[S], PO down, FO away, move antisymmetrically from side to side while mouthing "pow". For a QuickTime movie of this sign (without the "pow"), see ASL browser - sound.
We three kings of Orient are;
Bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.
Refrain: O star of wonder, star of light,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.
Born a King on Bethlehem's plain
Gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to reign.
Frankincense to offer have I;
Incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, voices raising,
Worshipping God on high.
Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume
Breathes a life of gathering gloom;
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
Sealed in the stone cold tomb.
Glorious now behold Him arise;
King and God and sacrifice;
Sounds through the earth and skies.
To hear the music (without words), go to The cyber hymnal: We three kings.