EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: WE HIS PEOPLE: LORD HIS SHEEP~ SCADS-OF.
1. SHOUT alt.HAPPY'joy' TO LORD, ||: (2h)#ALL (2h)YOU NATION. :|| NOW SERVE LORD HAPPY. COME-ON APPROACH HIM SING. WHY? HAVE alt.HAPPY'joy'. Refrain
2. ||: KNOW-THAT LORD HIMSELF GOD. :|| HE MAKE US. WE HIS. HIS PEOPLE. HIS SHEEP~SCADS-OF. Refrain
3. GO-AHEAD NOW ENTER HIS GATE, THANK+, YES THANK+. ENTER AREA OPEN IN TEMPLE, SING PRAISE. THANK+ HIM, BOW-DOWN HIS NAME. Refrain
4. LORD HIMSELF TRUE-BIZ GOOD*. HE HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US CONTINUE FOREVER. WHY? TRUST LORD CAN. EVERY GENERATION HE PROMISE, TRUST CAN. Refrain
Notes: SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
(2h)YOU - All underlined glosses are honorific indices ("indexes").
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
APPROACH - (2h)[B], FOs up, DH PO away, ND is held in front of NDH and palm faces it, then both hands approach one another slightly.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
Refrain: We are his people, the flock of the Lord.
1. Cry out with joy to the Lord, all you lands, all you lands. Serve the Lord now with gladness. Come before him singing for joy.
2. Know that the Lord is God! Know that the Lord is God! He made us; we are vhis, his people, the sheep of his flock.
3. Go, now within his gates giving thanks, giving thanks. Enter his courts singing praise. Give him thanks and bless his name!
4. Indeed, how good is the Lord. His mercy endures forever. For the Lord, he is faithful. He is faithful from age to age!