EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: WELL OFFER LIFE FOREVER, YOU"all" DRINK ANY TIME CAN. GOD HIS-ctr LIVE+ WELL, YOU"all" DRINK ANY TIME CAN.
1. GOD MY SAVIOR, TRUE-BIZ. ME AFRAID NEVER. LORD GIFT-TO-me ME STRENGTH, COURAGE. MY SAVIOR AND MY SONG.
2. THANK+, PRAISE GOD HIS-ctr NAME. SING, ANNOUNCE (2h)#ALL LIVE EARTH, GOD HIS-ctr MIRACLE, TELL-STORY. OUR SAVIOR AND OUR SONG.
3. SHOUT HAPPY, TEMPLE MOUNTAIN. WHY? HE-ctr JEWISH PEOPLE CHERISH HOLY NOW BECOME OUR SAVIOR AND OUR SONG.
Notes: WELL - WATER + (2h)[C], POs ><, FOs away, ascend from a low level to show the cylindrical shape of a well.
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SAVIOR - S-FREE AGENT.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist > signer to show that something is given as a gift.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
MIRACLE - WONDERFUL(1x) WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
SHOUT - (2h)[5:], POs > signer, FOs up, rise from mouth while twisting at wrists.
TEMPLE - T-CHURCH.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
Refrain: With joy you shall draw water from the springs of endless life; With joy you shall draw water from the living wells of God.
1. God indeed is my Savior, I will never be afraid, my strength and courage is the Lord, my Savior and my song.
2. Give thanks and praise the name of God; sing out to all the earth the wondrous deeds that God has done, our Savior and our song.
3. Shout with joy, O Zion, for dwelling in your midst is the Holy One of Israel, our Savior and our song.