EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: (2h)THIS DAY LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi MAKE. GO-AHEAD CELEBRATE HAPPY. WHY? (2h)THIS DAY LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi MAKE . ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA!
1. THANK++ THE-rt,hi LORD. WHY? HIMSELF-rt,hi GOOD*. HE-rt,hi KIND CONTINUE FOREVER. JEWISH PEOPLE SHOULD ANNOUNCE: HE-rt,hi KIND CONTINUE FOREVER. Refrain
2, LORD HIS-rt,hi RIGHT HAND LIFT-FIST. LORD HIS-rt,hi RIGHT HAND MIGHTY. ME NOT DIE, BUT LIVE ANNOUNCE LORD HIS-rt,hi MIRACLE. Refrain
3. BEFORE BUILDER THEY-rt REJECT STONE. HIT* STONE BECOME FOUNDATION. WHO CAUSE WHO? LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi. LOOK WONDERFUL, LOOK WONDERFUL TO US.
Final refrain: (2h)THIS DAY LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi MAKE; GO-AHEAD CELEBRATE HAPPY. WHY? (2h)THIS DAY LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi MAKE. ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA! ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA!
Notes: (2h)THIS - (2h)[1^], POs down, FOs away, hands descend 1x or 2x.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
ALLELUIA! - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KIND - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
LIFT-FIST - Lift fist, PO > back, and move forward once with might.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
MIRACLE - WONDERFUL(1x) WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
REJECT - Hands start like the final position of STOP and DH slides > DS while pronating.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
Refrain: This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad; for this is the day that the Lord has made; alleluia, alleluia!
1. Give thanks to God; the Lord is good. God's mercy endures for ever. Let the hous of Israel say: "God's mercy endures forever."
2. The Lord's right had is lifted up; the hand of the Lord is mighty. I shall not die, but live to tell the marvelous works of God.
3. The stone which the builders rejected has become the corner stone. This is the work of the Lord; how wonderful. How wonderful in our eyes!
Final refrain: This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad; for this is the day that the Lord has made; alleluia, alleluia! Alleluia, alleluia!