EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: SAVE US, LORD. WE WANT #BACK-TOGETHER YOU-ctr. GATHER-UP YOUR POWER AND COME-TO-us. YOUR-ctr PEOPLE OPPRESSION-OFF. SHOW-us US YOUR FACE. WE WANT #BACK-TOGETHER YOU-ctr.
1. YOU-ctr PROTECT YOUR SPECIAL PEOPLE LIKE SHEPHERD. COME-#BACK-TO-us WE SAVED WILL. COME-ON LORD. PAY-ATTENTION WE SUMMON, LORD. WE WANT #BACK-TOGETHER YOU-ctr. Refrain
2. WHY CONTINUE AVOID YOUR-ctr PEOPLE? WE REALLY-WANT SEE YOUR-ctr FACE. PAY-ATTENTION US. COME-ON CLOSE-TO US, LORD RULE ANGEL SCADS-OF! Refrain
3. LOOK-DOWN-ON-us US. TAKE-CARE-OF YOUR GRAPES PLANT. PROTECT WHAT YOURSELF FINISH PLANT-BUSH. YOUR GRAPE PLANT THEREABOUTS, ENEMY CRUSH, BURN-TO-ASHES. COME-ON COME-TO-us US, HEAVENLY-FATHER MIGHTY. Refrain
Notes: #BACK-TOGETHER - (2h)[B], POs ><, FOs up, are held at respective sides. The hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards each other and contacting.
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
GATHER-UP - [5:], PO down, FO away, scrapes material into palm of upturned [B] while sweeping > NDS.
OPPRESSION-OFF - Starts like PRESSURE, DH [B], PO down, FO away, push down slightly on [S], PO > DS, FO away, then the DH is brought upwards suddenly and the signer mouths "off".
SHEPHERD - SHEEP SUPERVISE AGENT.
COME-#BACK-TO-us - (2h)[B], POs > signer, FOs up, move > signer while changing to (2h)[C] and (2h)[K].
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
SCADS-OF - (2h)[5:], POs down, FOs away, move forward to show many beings.
LOOK-DOWN-ON-us - (2h)[V^], PO > away, FO up, hands are held high and FT tip down and point to signer.
PLANT-BUSH - [S] hand grasps bush and plants it in the ground.
CRUSH - (2h) put palm against palm with FTs facing in opposite directions, then the hands twist with the palms still in contact until the FTs are at right angles to each other. This is similar to CHEESE, but it is a single movement for CRUSHED, not a double one as in CHEESE. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Crush.
BURN-TO-ASHES - (2h), POs > signer, FOs up, travel upwards with wg like flames + DISSOLVE + (2h), POs down, FOs away, touch thumbs, follow a semi-cricular path and meet again at thumbs or index fingers.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
MIGHTY - (2h)[S], POs > back of signer, FOs up, are held at NDS and fists descend, then repeat at DS.
Refrain: Save us, O Lord; carry us back. Rouse your power and come. Rescue your people; show us your face. Bring us back.
1. O Shepherd of Israel, hear us. Return and we shall be saved. Arise, O Lord; hear our cries, O Lord: bring us back!
2. How long will you hide from your people? We long to see your face. Give ear to us. Draw near to us, Lord God of hosts!
3. Turn again; care for your vine; protect what your right hand has planted. Your vineyards are trampled, uprooted, and burned. Come to us, Father of might!
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music and click on "Save us, O Lord."