EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: REMEMBER HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US, LORD.
1. INFORM-me ME YOUR WAY++, LORD. TEACH-me ME YOUR LAW INDEX-LIST. (<) GUIDE ME, (>) TEACH-me ME. WHY? YOU MY SAVIOR. Refrain
2. REMEMBER YOU TOUCHED, HELP, LORD. REMEMBER LONG-AGO YOU KIND ABOUT US. REMEMBER KIND, MY SIN PUSH-ASIDE. WHY? YOU GOOD*, LORD. Refrain
3. LORD HIMSELF (<:) GOOD*, (>) JUSTICE. SINNER THEY-lf LEARN HIS WAY. (<) HE GUIDE PEOPLE SHY, LEARN JUSTICE. (>) HE TEACH HUMBLE RIGHT WAY. Refrain
Notes: HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
ME - Underlined prounouns (ME</>, YOU</>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-INDEX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
INDEX-LIST - index finger of DH points to thumb, then index finger, then middle finger of NDH , PO > signer, FO > DS.
TOUCHED - Middle finger of [open 8] strikes heart.
KIND(NESS) - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
SIN - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
PUSH-ASIDE - (2h)[B], POs > DS, with DH higher, palms are pressed against imaginary wall that is pushed to one side.
JUSTICE - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
Refrain: Remember your mercies, O Lord.
1. Your ways, O Lord, make known to me, teach me your paths. Guide me, teach me, for you are my Savior.
2. Remember your compassion, Lord, and your kindness of old. Remember this, and not my sins, in your goodness, O Lord.
3. Good and just is the Lord, the sinners know his way. He guides the meek to justice, he teaches the humble.