EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Response: LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi MAKE (2h)THIS DAY. GO-AHEAD HAPPY CELEBRATE.
THANK++ THE-rt,hi LORD. WHY? HIMSELF-rt,hi GOOD*. HE-rt,hi KIND CONTINUE FOREVER. JEWISH PEOPLE SHOULD ANNOUNCE: HE-rt,hi KIND CONTINUE FOREVER. Response
LORD HIS-rt,hi RIGHT HAND HIT POWERFUL. LORD HIS-rt,hi RIGHT HAND ADVANCED.
ME NOT DIE, BUT LIVE, AND ANNOUNCE LORD HIS-rt,hi WORK. Response
BEFORE BUILDER THEY-rt REJECT STONE. HIT* STONE BECOME FOUNDATION. WHO CAUSE
WHO? LORD HIMSELF-rt,hi. BECOME MIRACLE FOR US. Response
Sequence: Christians to the Paschal Victim (Victimae Paschali Laudes)
1. CHRISTIAN PEOPLE, PRAISE OUR PASSOVER VICTIM! OFFER-UP WHILE THANK++.
2. CHRIST OUR LAMB SAVE OTHERS. CHRIST HIMSELF-lf JUST PAY-OFF PRICE. SINNER NOW #BACK-WITH HEAVENLY-FATHER.
3. DEATH AND LIFE FIGHT BITTER FOR WONDERFUL VICTORY. LORD OFFER LIFE DIE, NOW REIGN WITH GLORY.
4. MARY, COME-ON INFORM-us US WHAT YOU-ctr SEE DURING SUNRISE. Response
5. (role play from rt) MY LORD LIVE, HIS-lf GRAVE NOW EMPTY. ME SEE CHRIST JESUS RISE AND PEOPLE WORSHIP HIM-lf.
6. ANGEL BRIGHT, THEY-rt TESTIFY, HIS-lf CLOTHES AND GRAVE WRAPPING SET-UP+.
7. #YES, CHRIST MY HOPE ARISE WITH GLORY. HE-lf GO BEFORE (2h)YOU, ENTER GALILEE.
8. SHARE GOSPEL, SING WITH JOY. HIS DEATH LEAD-TO VICTORY. LORD JESUS, VICTOR KING, SHOW-us MERCY-ON-us.
Notes: (2h)THIS - (2h)THIS - (2h)[1^], POs down, FOs away, hands descend slightly.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
ALLELUIA! - CLAP-HANDS~CELEBRATE + open hands into (2h) while lifting.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
KIND - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
POWERFUL - [C] or [5:] brings FTs rapidly to the ND biceps and bounces slightly.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
REJECT - Hands start like the final position of STOP and DH slides > DS while pronating.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
MIRACLE - GREAT WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
PASSOVER - [S] taps thumbside against elbow (like CRACKER). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cracker.
VICTIM - STUCK, that is, [V] pierces neck with FTs.
OFFER-UP - (2h)[B], POs up, lift up hands and move them towards God.
OTHERS - [A dot], PO > NDS, FO away, twists while moving in a horizontal circle.
JUST - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, tap FT while moving in a horizontal circle.
PAY-OFF - [open 8] runs middle finger up palm (> wrist), changes to a [B], PO down, and then moves back across palm.
PRICE - (2h)[flat F], POs><, FOs away, tap thumbs together twice. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - value.
SINNER - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest + AGENT. For an animated gif of the first part of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
#BACK-WITH - (2h)[B], POs ><, FOs up, are held with NDH close to the body and the DH high and close to where God is spatialized. The hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards each other and contacting.
HEAVENLY-FATHER - (2h)[A], FOs up, DH - held against forehead, NDH close to but lower, both hands open to (2h) while moving upwards. HEAVEN may be added to this. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Heavenly Father - 1.
REIGN - CONTROL.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
MARY - [M] touches NDS temple, is drawn across forehead, and descends. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mary - 1.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
GRAVE - (2h), POs down, FOs away, hands move > signer with in an upward arc.
RISE/ARISE - GET-UP.
WORSHIP - NDH is clasped over DH [S] and hands circle perpendicular to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Worship.
ANGEL - (2h)[B^] touch FTs to shoulders, then arms extended and bent move slightly as if flying gently.
BRIGHT - (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
TESTIFY - NDH [B] is held up like being sworn in, and DH signs SAY.
WRAPPING - (2h)[O^], PO > signer, FOs ><, DH spirals while moving > NDS as if wrapping up NDH.
GALILEE - HOT, mouth "Galilee".
GOSPEL - G-NEW. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Gospel - 2.
JOY/JOYFUL - (1) alt.HAPPY. (2) EXCITED. (3) J-EXCITED.
MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
Lyrics (Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23):
Response: This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad. (or) Alleluia!
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his mercy endures forever.
Let the house of Israel say,
"His mercy endures forever." Response
"The right hand of the LORD has struck with power;
the right hand of the LORD is exalted."
I shall not die, but live,
and declare the works of the LORD. Response
The stone which the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
By the LORD has this been done;
it is wonderful in our eyes. Response
1. Christians, praise the paschal victim! Offer thankful sacrifice!
2. Christ the Lamb has saved the sheep, Christ the just one paid the price. Reconciling sinners to the Father.
3. Death and life fought bitterly for this wondrous victory; The Lord of life who died reigns glorified!
4. O Mary, come and say what you saw at break of day.
5. "The empty tomb of my living Lord! I saw Christ Jesus risen and adored!"
6. Bright angels testified, shroud and grave clothes side by side!
7. "Yes, Christ my hope rose gloriously. He goes before you into Galilee."
8. Share the good news, sing joyfully: His death is victory! Lord Jesus, Victor King, show us mercy.