EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. ||: MAKE READY WAY FOR THE-ctr LORD. :|| HAVE VOICE ANNOUNCE IN WILDERNESS, MAKE READY WAY FOR THE-ctr LORD.
2. ||: EVERY VALLEY ADVANCEDWILL . :|| EVERY MOUNTAIN WILL BECOME-LOW. EVERY VALLEY ADVANCED WILL.
Refrain: HE-ctr YOUR GOD. FINISH COME TAKE-AWAY SIN. LOOK-UP-TO-God GOD, SEE HIS-ctr POWER CAN SAVE.
3. ||: WILDERNESS, BLOSSOM WILL, BLOSSOM WILL. :|| GLORY, GLORY SPREAD HERE LAND. WILDERNESS, BLOSSOM WILL. [no refrain]
4. ||: THEY-rt NOW BLIND, SEE WILL. :|| THEY-lf NOW LAME, JUMP HAPPY WILL. THEY-rt NOW BLIND, SEE WILL. Refrain
5. ||: PEOPLE WEAK BECOME STRONG. :|| PERSON SCARED, GO-AHEAD COMFORT HIM-ctr. PEOPLE WEAK BECOME STRONG. Refrain
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
THE - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
WILDERNESS - LAND + (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, hands move away, closing to (2h)[S] while mouthing "thp".
Notice that some verses have a refrain, and some don't.
ADVANCED - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move upwards arcing towards the signer. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Exalted.
BECOME-LOW - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move downwards arcing towards the signer.
BLOSSOM - (2h)[A] are held together but the hands are twisted like the beginning of CHANGE. Hands twist back while opening to (2h)[5:] with the hands still held together.
SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, twist rapidly at wrists while rising. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Shine.
LAME - (2h)[1^], POs down, FOs away, move in circles with DS "limping".
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
COMFORT - Same sign as COMFORTABLE but slowly.
1. ||: "Ready the way for the Lord." :|| A voice cries out in the wilderness: "Ready the way for the Lord."
2. ||: "Let every valley be filled. :|| Let every mountain be humbled. Let every valley be filled."
Refrain: Here is your God, coming with your vindication. Look and behold the saving power of God.
3. ||: Desert and waste land will bloom. :|| Glory and splendor will fill the land. Desert and waste land will bloom.
4. ||: Those who are blind will then see. :|| Those who are lame will then leap for joy. Those who are blind will then see. Refrain
5. ||: Strengthen the ones who are weak. :|| Say to the frightened: "Have courage." Strengthen the ones who are weak. Refrain
To hear the music (without words), go to Others MIDI: R and click on "Ready the way."