EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: PEACE ME LEAVE (2h)YOU MY FRIENDS. S-H-A-L-O-M, MY PEACE EVERYTHING (2h)YOU DO. PEACE ME LEAVE (2h)YOU, MY FRIENDS. MY GIFT (2h)YOU, SHARE OTHER PEOPLE, TOO.
1. ME COME FOR-FOR? SHARE L-O-V-E. SHOW"all" (2h)#ALL PEOPLE HIS-rt KINDNESS. NOW GO-AHEAD, MY FRIENDS. DO SAME-AS-me UNTIL ME COME AGAIN.
2. COME-ON HOLD-HANDS, ACCEPT MY PEACE. OUR L-O-V-E SPIRIT ME SEND. AND WITH OUR L-O-V-E (2h)YOU WILL BECOME FREE, UNTIL ME COME AGAIN.
3. WITH OUR L-O-V-E (2h)#ALL WILL KNOW NOT NEED FEEL LONELY FROM-NOW-ON. CELEBRATE, MY BROTHER, WHILE ME LEAVE. LOOK-FORWARD ME COME AGAIN.
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
KINDNESS - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, NDH is held close to heart and DH circles around it.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
FRIENDS - Interlocked (2h)[X] move in a horizontal circle.
UNTIL - TO.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
HOLD-HANDS - Hold hands together as in WEDDING and swing them to and fro.
FROM-NOW-ON - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs away, DHFT touches knuckle side of NDHFT and moves away in a downward arc. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - from now on.
Refrain: Peace I leave with you, my friends, Shalom, my peace, in all you do. Peace I leave with you, my friends. I give to you so you can give to others, too.
1. To share his love is why I came, to show his kindness to all men. Go now, my friends, and do the same, until I come again.
2. Take my hand and be at peace; The Spirit of our love I send. And with this love you will be free, until I come again.
3. With this love all men will know that loneliness is at an end. Rejoice, my brothers, though I go, for I will come again.
To hear the music (without words), go to Music group vocal and click on "Peace My Friends."