EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ME WANT CALL YOU-rt USE NAME WHILE ME LIVE. ME CALL YOU-rt MY GOD. ME THANK++ YOU-rt. ME SING PRAISE YOU-rt.
1. GOD SUMMON ME, (role play) COME OUT YOUR GRAVE. LIKE EAGLE, LIKE EAGLE ME FIND STRENGTH. Refrain
2. GOD WILL FORGIVE. GOD SOFT-HEARTED, OFFER L-O-V-E. L-O-V-E STRONGER, LOVE CONQUER DEATH CAN. Refrain
3. GOD KNOW US DEEP. WE CONNECTED-TO OUR GOD. GOD HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US. GOD HAVE-MERCY-ON-us US, FORGIVE OUR SIN. Refrain
Notes: CALL - To name, rather than to summon.
YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SUMMON - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
SOFT-HEARTED - HEART + (2h)[5^] descend slightly twice while closing to (2h)[O^] but hands close to heart.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
Refrain: I want to call you by name while I live, I will call you: "My God." I will thank you; I will sing praise to you.
1. God calls to me: "Come forth from your grave." Like an eagle, like an eagle I find strength.
2. God will forgive, God is tenderness and love. Love is greater, love is greater than death.
3. God knows us well, to our God we belong. God is mercy, God is mercy for our sins.
To hear the music (without words), go to Bob's MIDI sequences and click on "I Want to Call You (D. Haas)."