EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. YOU-lf LIVE HERE EARTH LONG-AGO. WE FORGET YOUR-lf HELP. YOUR-lf HANDS STRECH-OUT, YOU-lf TOUCH, PEOPLE HEAL. WHAT WE DO, ALLOW YOUR-lf WORK CONTINUE. YOUR WORK CONTINUE THROUGH ME.
Refrain: ME BECOME YOUR-lf HANDS, LORD. ME HELP WHEN SISTER FALL. MY BROTHER CRY, ME HELP WIPE-TEARS. ME BECOME YOUR-lf HANDS, LORD. ME PAY-ATTENTION YOUR-lf CALL. ME HERE MY LORD, BECOME YOUR-lf HANDS. [After verse 3, this is sung twice.]
2. PEOPLE POOR, USE MY HANDS FEED"each". WAY BLOCKED, USE MY HANDS PUSH"each". USE MY HANDS SAVE CHILDREN. USE MY HAND BUILD YOUR-lf KINGDOM. IF ME WORK-HARD, YOUR-lf MISSION NOT NEED END. MY VOICE SING YOUR PRAISE. MY HEART LOVE YOU-lf. Refrain
3. ME LIKE DIAMOND, YOU-lf PUT-IN-PLACE CAUSE WAY BRIGHT. (2h)#ALL, ME BRING HOME TO YOU-lf. ME HERE; USE MY HANDS. YOU-lf MY WAY, MY TRUTH, YOU-lf GIFT-TO-me STRENGTH. MY FOUNDATION, YOUR-lf L-O-V-E PROTECT. USE MY HANDS. ME HERE, LORD! Refrain
Notes: YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
STRECH-OUT - Stretch out (2h), POs up, FO away.
WIPE-TEARS - (2h)[B], POs > signer, FOs up, wipes away tears on cheek and then wipes away tears of imaginary spatialized person.
CALL - DH [B] taps NDH [B], PO down, FO > signer, then moves > signer while closing to an [A], PO away from signer, FO up, and moving up.
BLOCKED - Cross (2h) hands in front of face.
KINGDOM - KING + , PO down, FO away, circles horizontally. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Kingdom.
WORK-HARD - The sign WORK has DH moves in vertical circles several times while mouthing "sta".
MISSION - [M], > NDS, FO up, circles and lands on NDS pec, like CHARACTER.
PUT-IN-PLACE - [S], PO > NDS, FO away, places something under [B], PO down, Fo > NDS.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
GIFT-TO-me - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, hands flip thumb sides > signer.
FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
1. You walked the earth so long ago, that we forget what you did for us; with a touch you healed all wounds, reaching out with your hands. You live on in what I do. I continue your work for you:
Refrain: I will be your hands, Lord, to pick up my fallen sister, to wipe the tears of my brother. I will be your hands, Lord. In the night I heard you call. I am here my Lord to be your hands. [After verse 3, this is sung twice.]
2. Use my hands to feed the poor. Use my hands to throw a stone down. Use my hands to save a child. Use my hands to build your kingdom. You live on in what I do, my voice to sing your praise, my heart to love you!
3. You have set me as a jewel to light the way, to bring all home to you. I am here; use my hands. You are my way, my truth, my life, my source of strength, my rock, my shield of love. Use my hands,; I am here, Lord!