EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: EYE NOT-YET alt.SEE, EAR NOT-YET alt.HEAR WHAT GOD HAVE READY FOR THOSE-rt THEMSELVES LOVE HIM. L-O-V-E YOUR-ctr SPIRIT, COME-DOWN GIFT-TO-us US MIND LIKE JESUS HIS-lf. TEACH-us US WISDOM FROM GOD.
1. HAPPEN (<) PAIN, (>) SADNESS CAUSE US FEEL WEIGHED-DOWN, SUPPORT US, LORD. FORGIVE OUR FAITH WEAK. RAISE-UP US THROUGH YOUR WORD INSPIRED PEACE INSIDE-SELF. Refrain
2. OUR LIFE SHORT LIKE BREATH-IN~BREATH-OUT THAT'S-ALL. WE BLOSSOM~WITHER DISSOLVE. EVERTHING HAPPEN, YOU CONTROL. WE LOVE YOU. WHY? YOU FIRST-OF-ALL LOVE US. Refrain
3. IF (2h)YOU SEE THROUGH FAITH, LORD ALWAYS NEAR. WHERE? SEARCH-FOR (<) POOR, (>) LOWLY. THEIR-rt FACE SHOW"all" HIS WAY. Refrain
4. WE SING ABOUT DEEP FAITH, LIKE SAINT VARIOUS UP-TO-NOW. BUT OUR MUSIC ALSO NEW. THAT SOUND"pow" SPREADwg-TO-Heaven. JESUS OUR LIVING GOD TAKE-IN, SATISFIED*. Refrain
Notes: THOSE - This and underlined prounouns (ME</>, YOU</>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
COME-DOWN - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon the spirit to do descend.
GIFT-TO - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs up, nod downwards at wrist to show that something is given as a gift.
WEIGHED-DOWN - (2h)[B^] touch FT to DS shoulder and then push down so that the shoulder slumps > DS.
RAISE-UP - (2h)[B], POs down, FOs away, lower slightly, supinate, and rise up.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
BREATH-IN~BREATH-OUT - BREATH-IN~BREATH-OUT - (2h)[5^] thumbs are held at nostrils and the fingers CLOSE to (2h)[O^], pause, then spread out to (2h)[5^] again.
THAT'S-ALL - FINISH with the mouthing "that's all".
BLOSSOM~WITHER - (2h)[A] are held together but the hands are twisted like the beginning of CHANGE. Hands twist back while opening to (2h)[5:] with the hands still held together. The DH is left in place and then closes and bends > NDS as if drooping in death.
FIRST-OF-ALL - , PO down, FO away, supinates like the sign FIRST, but strikes the thumb of NDH [A dot], PO > DS, FO away. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: First.
LOWLY - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, move downwards arcing towards the signer.
SAINT - S-NICE.
UP-TO-NOW - (2h)[1^], POs down, index fingers travel up the chest on the DS until they end (2h), POs > singer, FOs up.
SOUND"pow" - Touch ear with index finger then (2h)[S], PO down, FO away, move antisymmetrically from side to side while mouthing "pow". For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - thunder.
SPREADwg-TO-Heaven - SPREAD moves in a wavey pattern > upper right.
LIVING - LIVE is signed emphatically (*).
TAKE-IN - (2h), POs ><, FOs away, thumbs point at eye level and move several times > signer while wg FT (not thumb).
Refrain: Eye has not seen, ear has not heard what God has ready for those who love him; Spirit of love, come, give us the mind of Jesus, teach us the wisdom of God.
1. When pain and sorrow weigh us down, be near to us, O Lord, forgive the weakness of our faith, and bear us up within your peaceful word.
2. Our lives are but a single breath, we flower and we fade, yet all our days are in your hands, so we return in love what love has made.
3. To those who see with eyes of faith, the Lord is ever near, reflected in the faces of all the poor and lowly of the world.
4. We sing a mystery from the past, in halls where saints have trod, yet ever new the music rings to Jesus, Living Song of God.
To hear the music (without words), go to MIDI music: E and click on "Eye has not seen."