EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. OUR FOUNDATION FIRM, (2h)YOU SAINT WORSHIP LORD. OUR FAITH STRONG SUPPORT HIS WONDERFUL WORD. GOD NOT NEED SAY MORE, HIS WORD UP-TO-NOW ENOUGH. JESUS PROTECT AGAINST BAD.
2. DON'T FEAR, ME TOGETHER (2h)YOU. DON'T FEEL DEPRESSED. ME YOUR GOD STILL WILLING HELP"each". ME alt.GIFT-TO"each" STRENGTH, CAUSE (2h)YOU. SUCCEED. ALL POWER MINE, ME FAIR HELP (2h)#ALL.
3. HAPPEN LIFE HAVE TROUBLE IDEA~LIKE DEEP WATER, ME PROMISE (2h)YOU OVERWHELMED NOT. WHY? ME GO-TOGETHER (2h)YOU. YOUR TROUBLE BECOME BLESSING. YOUR DEPRESSION CAUSE (2h)YOU HOLY.
4. HAPPEN SOUL DEPEND JESUS GIFT-TO REST, ME IGNORE ENEMY ATTACK NOT. SUPPOSE HELL ITSELF TRY DESTROY THAT SOUL, ME NEVER, NO NEVER, NO NEVER IGNORE.
Notes: FOUNDATION - NDH [S], PO > signer, FO > DS, is held out with arm parallel to the chest and DH [S], PO > signer, strikes hand from below and then strikes elbow from below.
Underlined prounouns (ME</>, YOU</>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
SAINT - S-NICE.
FEAR - (2h), POs away, FOs up, hands are held far from body and move back to body in a wavy pattern.
alt.GIFT-TO"each" - - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs > the recipents, hands move together from NDS to DS.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
FAIR - EQUAL with a single movement.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
GO-TOGETHER - (2h)[A] press palms together and move away.
1. How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in his excellent Word! What more can he say than to you he has said? To you who to Jesus have fled?
2. "Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed, for I am your God and will still give you aid; I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand, upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."
3. "When through the deep waters I call you to go, the rivers of woe shall not you overflow; for I will be with you, your troubles to bless, and sanctify to you, your deepest distress."
4. "The soul that on Jesus still leans for repose, I will not, I will not desert to its foes; that soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake, I'll never, no never, no never forsake!"
To hear the music (without words), go to The cyber hymnal: How firm a foundation.