EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. HANDS BEAUTIFUL SERVE DISCIPLES (<) WINE AND (<) BREAD. HIS-lf FEET BEAUTIFUL MUST WALK DIRT ROAD LONG* UNTIL HE-lf ARRIVE CALVARY.
Refrain: ||: (3x) TRUE-BIZ BEAUTIFUL. :|| CHRIST HIS-lf BODY.
2. HIS-lf HEART BEAUTIFUL MUST BLEED. ACCEPT OUR SIN AND SUFFER REPLACE US. HIS-lf EYES BEAUTIFUL, GENTLE SEE EVIL BUT FORGIVE, HATE NEVER.
Bridge: LIKE HE-lf OFFER-UP-rt HIS-lf LIFE, WE OFFER-UP-lf OURS #BACK-TO-lf HIM-lf. REALLY-WANT LIVE LIKE HE-lf DIE, WILLING ACCEPT RESULT OUR ACTION.
3. WE WAIT HIM-lf COME, IDEA~LIKE BRIDE BEAUTIFUL WAIT HUSBAND. HIS-lf LIGHT MAKE OUR EYES eyes-SHINY. HEART HUMBLE BEAUTIFUL OFFER L-O-V-E HELP OTHERS LIVE.
4. FEET BEAUTIFUL BRING GOSPEL TO US. INFORM HOW-MUCH THE-lf KING LOVE US. HANDS BEAUTIFUL SERVE DISCIPLES (<) WINE AND (<) BREAD. HANDS BEAUTIFUL SERVE US TOO.
Notes: DISCIPLES - D-FOLLOW AGENT.
CALVARY - MOUNTAIN + POSITIVE held high as if it were a cross on top of the mountain just indicated.
The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
SIN - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
GENTLE - HEART + (2h)[5^] descend slightly twice while closing to (2h)[O^] but hands close to heart.
EVIL - (2h), wg while moving repeatedly > forehead. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Satan.
#BACK-TO-lf - (2h)[B], POs > rt, FOs up; the hands transition to a C and then a K while rushing towards LEFT.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
IDEA~LIKE - A blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
BRIDE - (2h)[S], POs ><, FOs away, DH is held on top of the NDH as if holding a bouquet and the hands move forward in two downward arcs. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - bride.
LIGHT - (2h)[O^], POs away, FOs up, open to (2h), while separating. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Light - 1.
eyes-SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs > face, hands twist as wrists while moving away from face.
OTHERS - [A dot], PO > NDS, FO away, twists while moving in a horizontal circle.
GOSPEL - G-NEW. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Gospel - 2.
1. How Beautiful the hands that served
The Wine and the Bread and the sons of the earth
How beautiful the feet that walked
The long dusty road and the hill to the cross
Refrain: How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the Body of Christ.
2. How Beautiful the heart that bled
That took all my sins and bore it instead
How beautiful the tender eyes
That choose to forgive and never despise. Refrain
Bridge: And as He lay down His life
We offer this sacrifice
That we will live just as He died
Willing to pay the price
Willing to pay the price
3. How Beautiful the radiant bride
Who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes
How Beautiful when humble hearts give
The fruit of pure love so that others may live. Refrain
4. How beautiful the feet that bring
The sound of good news and the love of the King
How Beautiful the hands that serve
The wine and the bread and the sons of the Earth. Refrain
To hear a musical setting of these lyrics (without words), go to Arlene's Heavenly Christian Midi's and click on "How Beautiful (Twila Paris)".