EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. ||: (3 times) EVERY-MORNING HAPPEN GET-UP :|| ME NEED WHAT? JESUS.
Refrain: ||: NEED WHAT? JESUS. :|| EVERYTHING IN WORLD TAKE-AWAY, FINE. JUST LEAVE JESUS.
2. ||: (3 times) MY JOURNEY RECENTLY START :|| ME NEED WHAT? JESUS. Refrain
3. ||: (3 times) HAPPEN HEAVEN TRUE-BIZ WIN :|| ME NEED WHAT? JESUS. Refrain
4. ||: (3 times) ME HEAR MY MOTHER SAY :|| NEED WHAT? JESUS. Refrain
5. ||: (3 times) DURING MIDNIGHT CRY-OUT HELP-me. :|| NEED WHAT? JESUS. Refrain
6. ||: (3 times) HAPPEN TIME ARRIVE ME DIE :|| NEED WHAT? JESUS. Refrain
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
CRAZY-FOR - [5:], PO > singer, FO up, - shaken slightly from side to side.
CRY-OUT - [5:] holds palm to mouth and then hand moves up and away as if the sound is leaving the mouth.
1. In the morning when I rise (3 times), give me Jesus.
Refrain: Give me Jesus (2 times). You may have all this world, give me Jesus.
2. Now the journey has begun, give me Jesus.
3. When the prize is surely won, give me Jesus.
4. I heard my mother say, give me Jesus.
5. Dark midnight was my cry, give me Jesus.
6. O, when I come to die, give me Jesus.
To hear the music (without words), go to Rose's garden. Scroll down and click on "Give me Jesus".