EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: YOU MEET"each" WICKED, DON'T WORRY. PEOPLE SIN ENJOY, DON'T JEALOUS. SOON THEY-lf GONE LIKE PLANT BLOSSOM~WITHER. DON'T WORRY. JUST DEPEND-ON THE-ctr LORD.
1. YOURSELVES OFFER-TO-ctr LORD. TRUST YOU COMPLETE. HE-ctr WILL GUIDE YOU. HE-ctr WILL CAUSE YOUR GOOD CHARACTER SHINY LIKE SUN. BE-PATIENT AND WAIT. KNOW-THAT LORD FAIL NEVER. DON'T WORRY. JUST DEPEND-ON THE-ctr LORD. Refrain
2. DON'T TEMPTED GO-AHEAD HATE. ALWAYS LEAD-TO TROUBLE. THEY-rt TRUST LORD, SEE VICTORY WILL. THEY-lf DO EVIL BEAT-rt THEY-rt RIGHTEOUS CAN'T. MEAN GO-AHEAD TRUST LORD COMPLETE. Refrain
3. THE-ctr LORD GUIDE THOSE-rt WILLING FOLLOW HIS-ctr WAY. HE-ctr PROTECT THOSE-rt DO RIGHT THING. SOMETIMES MAYBE FAIL, BUT YOU NOT NEED GIVE-UP. HE-ctr LIFT-UP YOU WILL. JUST DEPEND-ON THE-ctr LORD. Refrain
Notes: YOU - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
MEET"each" - The usually sign for MEET (as in "nice to meet you") is modified so that hands brush palm sides against one another while moving from NDS to DS, as if meeting one person after another.
WICKED - (2h) are held at forehead level and move towards the forehead several times while wg but do not touch the forehead.
DON'T - (2h)[B], POs down, cross at wrists, then uncross moving horizontally and emphatically. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - don't.
SIN - (2h)[X] touch their respective sides of the mouth, descend to neutral space and circle antisymmetrically parallel to the chest. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Sin.
BLOSSOM~WITHER - (2h)[A] are held together but the hands are twisted like the beginning of CHANGE. Hands twist back while opening to (2h)[5:] with the hands still held together. The DH is left in place and then closes and bends > NDS as if drooping in death.
COMPLETE - (2h)[B^], POs up, FOs ><, DH circles around NDH and lands on its palm. For a QuickTime file of COMPLETE, see ASL Pro: Whole.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, twist rapidly at wrists while rising. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Shine.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
TEMPTED - FT of [X] taps elbow. For an animated gif of this sign, see Valley Bible Church - ASL dictionary: Temptation.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
LEAD-TO - Same sign as LEAD but I add the "-TO" to show the function of the sign in this sentence.
VICTORY - WIN.
EVIL - Same as WICKED above, that is, (2h) are held at forehead level and move towards the forehead several times while wg but do not touch the forehead.
BEAT - (2h)[S], DPO > NDS, NDPO down, FOs away, are held with DH on top of NDH and DH strikes NDH at wrist while index and middle fingers shoot out suddenly.
RIGHTEOUS - Elbow of DH [S] is placed firmly against the backhand of NDH [B], PO down.
LIFT-UP - (2h)[B], PO down are held high and swoop down while supinating and then rise up again as if helping something mature and the hands continue up and FTs are directed > Heaven.
Refrain: Don't be worried on account of the wicked. Don't be jealous of those who do wrong. They will soon disappear like the plant that withers, don't be worried, just count on the Lord.
1. Give yourelf to the Lord. Trust in him. He will guide you. He will make your goodness shine like the sun. Be patient and wait, for the Lord never fails. So don't worry, just count on the Lord.
2. Don't give in to hatred, it just leads to trouble. Those who trust in the Lord will see victory. For those who do evil will not vanquish the righteous. So put all your trust in the Lord.
3. The Lord guides those who would follow his ways and protects those who do what is right. And if you should fall, you will not stay down. He will lift you; just trust in the Lord.