EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: COME-ON, YES, COME-ON. COME-ON VISIT RIVER. WATER FLOW FROM BODY CHRIST HIS+-lf. WE GO-DOWN DEEP IN WATER, BUT LORD WILL HELP-us US UP-FROM-THE-WATER LIVE AGAIN NEW.
1. WE WASH-BODY IN WATER, BORN AGAIN. CHRIST JESUS, WE ACCEPT INSIDE-SELF. Refrain
2. WE SERVE LIKE JEWISH-PRIEST LONG-AGO. HOLY SPIRIT STAMP-WITH-SEAL US, READY HE-ctr SEND. Refrain
3. GOD BLESS-rt THOSE-rt REALLY-WANT GOD CONTROL WORLD JUST. Refrain
4. WE SHOULD WALK FOLLOW HIS LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN. GOD PROMISE WE LIVE HOLY CAN. Refrain
5. SOME PLANT-SEEDS"each" CRY"over time", BUT TIME ARRIVE HARVEST, PAH CELEBRATE. Refrain
Notes: COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
FLOW - (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, start at waist and move forward in a wavey pattern while opening to (2h)[5wg].
GO-DOWN - (2h)[A dot], POs ><, FOs away, both hands are tipped to one side so that the thumbs point > NDS, then stop. This is half of one of the signs for baptism.
UP-FROM-THE-WATER - Complete the sign for baptism: (2h)[A dot], POs ><, thumbs > NDS, both hands are tipped back up so that the thumbs now point upwards.
WASH-BODY - (2h)[A], rub palms against chest in a symmetric circular path.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
JEWISH-PRIEST - (2h)[L], FTs touch the chest just below the neck, separate while still touching and then descend down the sides of the chest.
HOLY - H-CLEAN. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Holy - 1.
STAMP-WITH-SEAL - [S], PO > NDS, FO away, stamps upturned palm of [B].
HE-ctr - Underlined prounouns (ME, YOU, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
REALLY-WANT - the sign WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
LIGHT-SHINE-DOWN - [O^] is held high PO > signer; hands open to [5^] while moving > signer.
PLANT-SEEDS"each" - [O^], PO down, FO away, moves away while closing to an [A] repeating in rows perpendicular to the chest.
HARVEST - [S] holds an imaginary handful of grain, and [B], PO up, FO away, slices through the grain below the NDH.
PAH - LIKE SUCCEED but "pah" is mouthed and has the meaning of "at long last". For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - finally.
Refrain: Come, O come, come to the river flowing from the body of Christ. We'll go down, deep in the water, but in the Lord we shall arise.
1. Washed in waters of rebirth, we have put on Christ Jesus.
2. Priestly people are we, sealed and sent by the Spirit.
3. Blest are those who thirst for the reign of God's justice.
4. Let us walk in the light of God's holy promise.
5. Those who sow in tears, reap the harvest rejoicing.