EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
1. LORD HAVE LIGHT, SHINE-ONTO-heart MY HEART. MY LIFE DARK, PLEASE SHOO-AWAY. REALLY-WANT YOUR BRIGHTNESS SPREAD IDEA~LIKE DAWN. ME TRY MY BEST BECOME LIKE CANDLE. YOU LIGHT-CANDLE, ME CANDLE-GLOW SHOW"all" WORLD EACH HAVE LIGHT INSIDE-SELF CAN.
Refrain: COME-ON, LORD! ENTER EVERY HEART. WE NEED WAKE-UP EXPERIENCE YOUR JOY. GOD WITH US, COME-ON ENTER MY HEART. ME LOOK-FORWARD JOY. WHY? CHRISTMAS ARRIVING. ME REALLY-WANT SHOW"all" YOU WITH US HERE WORLD.
2. LIFE, YOU ROOT. PLEASE GROW INSIDE-SELF HEART. ME REALLY-WANT BECOME YOUR BRANCH. ME WANT GROW MORE-AND-MORE L-O-V-E. ME TRY MY BEST PLANT-SEEDS, YOUR L-O-V-E SPREAD HERE EARTH. GROW IDEA~LIKE FRUIT, WE HELP EACH-OTHER. Refrain
3. YOU KEY HAVE JOY. MY HEART HEART-OPEN. NO MORE CHAIN PUSH-DOWN-WRIST. REALLY-WANT L-O-V-E FLOW-FROM-heart THEREABOUTS WORLD. ME TRY MY BEST OPEN-DOOR"each" COME-ON WORLD me-CONNECT-TO-world. Refrain
4. KING OFFER PEACE, PLEASE RULE MY HEART. NORTH, SOUTH, (<) WEST, (>) EAST, MESH-TOGETHER COOPERATE. ME TRY MY BEST NETWORK EVERYDAY. FOR-FOR? BRING PEACE (2h)#ALL SHARE"each" CAN. Refrain
Notes: SHINE-ONTO-heart - [O^], PO as if light were coming from Heaven, opens and moves onto heart with eye gaze following.
SHOO-AWAY - (2h)[B^], POs down, FOs > thing being shooed away, hands bend at wrist and then straighten to (2h)[B] as if shooing something away.
REALLY-WANT - the sign WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
LIGHT-CANDLE - (2h)[bX], DH strikes NDH like a match, and then DH moves up to the candle as if lighting it.
CANDLE-GLOW - NDH [1^] touches wrist of [5^], PO away, FO up, DH opens and closes as if glowing.
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
JOY - alt.HAPPY.
ROOT - NDH graps wrist of DH [S], which moves opens to a [5:]. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - root.
BRANCH - (2h), POs down, FOs away, are held along side one another and touching. The DH moves away and branches out to the DS, while the NDH does not move.
MORE-AND-MORE - MORE is signed twice but with the NDH kept in place.
HEART-OPEN - (2h)[B] touch FTs to heart and swing open.
PUSH-DOWN-WRIST (2h)[S], DH grabs wrist of NDH and pushes it down.
THEREABOUTS - , PO down, FO away, circles parllel to the floor.
MESH-TOGETHER - (2h)[5:], POs towards, FT interlace, then POs change to down while the "gears" mesh smoothly together.
NETWORK - (2h)[open 8] touch middle fingers while twisting in opposite directions. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - network.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
1. O Lord of Light, shine in my heart. Chase away all darkness from my life, and bring the dawn of knowledge to my world, and I will try to do my part, to light my candle for the world to see, to see Your Light alive in one another.
Refrain: Come, O Lord! Come to every heart and waken all who sleep to Your joy; O Emmanuel, come to my heart. I still look for the joy Your Christmas brings, and I would be your Presence in the world.
2. O Root of Life, grow in my heart, that I might be a branch upon Your vine, and grow in love as You will grow in me, and I will try to do my part, to plant the seeds of love upon the earth, and bring the fruits of love to one another.
3. O Key of Joy, unlock my heart, break away the chains that hold me close, that keep my love from flowing to the world, and I will try to do my part, to open all the doors that I have closed, the doors that keep us far from one another.
4. O King of Peace, reign in my heart, and join the ends of all the earth as one, that I might join and sing in one great song; and I will try to do my part, reach out to those around me every day, that I might bring your peace to one another.