EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: CHANGE OUR HEART NOW TIME. YOUR WORD SAY HAPPEN CAN. CHANGE OUR MIND NOW TIME. YOUR LIFE MAKE US FREE. WE PEOPLE, YOU SUMMON LIVE DIFFERENT. LORD, NOW TIME, CHANGE OUR HEART. (After final verse, this last sentence is sung four times.)
1. YOUR HANDS BRING US CLOSE TO OUR alt.DREAM. WE LIVE (<) PART IN HEAVEN, (>) PART WE WASTE HERE. YOUR PROMISE FASCINATE, STILL WE TEMPTED GO-#BACK-self ADDICTED SIN, BUT ... Refrain
2. NOW WHILE WE WATCH YOUR ARMS STRETCH-OUT-ARMS OFFER PLENTY, alt.HAPPY OVERFLOW, YOUR MILK AND HONEY SEEM FAR-AWAY. NOT REAL WHILE WE HAVE ONLY BREAD AND WATER. BUT ... Refrain
3. SHOW-us US RIGHT WAY LEAD-TO YOU HEAVEN. MOUNTAIN PREVENT PUSH-ASIDE. OUR SOUL SOMETIMES DESERT. PLEASE SEND US YOUR FOOD, MANNA-DESCEND. CAUSE WATER FROM STONE. YOUR LIGHT HELP, MEAN WE WALK ALONE NEVER. AND ... Refrain
Notes: STRETCH-OUT-ARMS - literally stretch out your arms.
PLENTY - (2h)[B], NDH PO up, FO away, DH touches thumb side to elbow end of ND arm and then arcs upwards and comes down to touch ND FT, indicating a pile of something.
OVERFLOW - , PO down, FO away, covers top of [S], PO > DS, FO away, and FT wiggle as the hand moves away, like a cup overflowing.
FAR-AWAY - , twists while moving away with tongue shuttling from side to side. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Far.
LEAD-TO - Same sign as LEAD but it moves towards Heaven.
PUSH-ASIDE - (2h)[B], POs > DS, with DH higher, palms are pressed against imaginary wall that is pushed to one side.
MANNA-DESCEND - (2h), POs down, FOs away, are held high and descend while wg.
CAUSE - (2h)[S] are held at the chest as if holding a rope and move forward while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - cause.
Refrain: Change our hearts this time, your word says it can be. Change our minds this time, your life could make us free. We are the people your call sets apart. Lord, this time change our hearts.
1. Brought by your hand to the edge of our dreams, one foot in paradise, one in the waste. Drawn by your promises, still we are lured by the shadows and the chains we leave behind. But ...
2. Now as we watch you stretch out your hands, offering abundances, fullness of joy, your milk and honey seem distant, unreal, when we have bread and water in our hands. But ...
3. Show us the way that leads to your side, over the mountains and sands of the soul. Be for us manna, water from stone, light which says we never walk alone. And ...