EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: IF (2h)YOU LOVE HIM, HE BLESS (2h)YOU. IF (2h)YOU FOLLOW HIM, (2h)YOU HAPPY WILL. IF (2h)YOU SEARCH-FOR HIM, HE BLESS (2h)YOU, CRAZY-FOR GOD.
1. IF (2h)YOU BOW-DOWN LORD, (2h)YOU HAPPY WILL. IF (2h)YOU FOLLOW HIS WAY, GOD alt.GIFT-TO"each"+pc WILL. Refrain
2. YOUR WIFE WILL MANY CHILDREN GIVE-BIRTH"each", IDEA~LIKE GRAPE MAKE MUCH WINE. YOUR CHILDREN GROW-UP TAKE-OFF LIKE O-L-I-V-E TREE, PARENT FEEL PROUD. Refrain
3. PRAY++ GOD BLESS (2h)YOU ALWAYS, EVERYDAY (2h)YOU LIVE. PRAY++ GOD (<) HIS L-O-V-E, (>) HIS PEACE, LIVE ALWAYS INSIDE-SELF YOUR HEART. Refrain
Notes: Underlined prounouns (ME</>, YOU</>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
BLESS - (2h)[O^], POs ><, held at mouth. Hands are brought downwards while opening to (2h). For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Bless.
CRAZY-FOR - [5:], PO > singer, FO up, - shaken slightly from side to side.
BOW-DOWN - (2h)[B], POs away, FOs up, are held like the final position of GIVE-UP, then bend these arms twice while bowing at waist once.
alt.GIFT-TO"each"+pc - (2h)[X], POs ><, FOs > the recipents, hands move together from NDS to DS and cheeks are puffed out.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which - signed smoothly right afterwards.
TAKE-OFF - like DEVELOP but moves quickly and abruptly with a "po".
INSIDE-SELF - The FT of [C] are held against the chest and stuff the FT of [O^] into the [C] twice.
Refrain: Blest are those who love, happy those who follow you, blest are those who seek you, O God.
1. Happy all those who fear the Lord, and walk in God's pathway; You will find what you long for - the riches of our God.
2. Your spouse shall be like a fruitful vine in the midst of your home, your children flourish like olive plants rejoicing at your table.
3. May the blessings of God be yours all the days of your life, may the peace and the love of God live always in your heart.