EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: WAKE-UP. SLEEP, PUT-ASIDE-TO-lf. GET-UP. DEATH, PUT-ASIDE-TO-rt. NIGHT NOW END. TIME ARRIVE, DARKNESS THROW-OUT. HIS-God's SPIRIT BREATHE-IN, HELP BREATHE. CHRIST HIS LIGHT FILL-UPwg (2h)YOU.
1. USED-TO-BE (2h)YOU LIVE DARK. USED-TO-BE CAN'T FIND RIGHT WAY. USED-TO-BE (2h)YOU LIVE DARK. NOW CHILDREN HIS LIGHT. Refrain
2. GO-AHEAD LIVE LIKE GOD HIS PEOPLE. BECOME GOD (<) HIS JUSTICE, (>) HIS MERCY. (<) GIVING FILLED-UPwg (2h)YOU. (>) L-O-V-E POWERFUL FILLED-UPwg (2h)YOU. Refrain
3. GO-AHEAD BRIGHT. ALLOW YOUR L-O-V-E body-SHINY. (<) JUSTICE, (>) RIGHTEOUSNESS, SHOULD SHINY. HIS-God's MESSAGE ACCEPT, alt.EXPRESS. (<) MUSIC SHOW"all" GLORY. (>) MUSIC SHOW"all" LIGHT. Refrain
Notes: PUT-ASIDE-TO - (2h)[B], POs > DS, with DH higher, palms are pressed against imaginary wall that is pushed to one side.
THROW-OUT - (2h)[S] grasp an imaginary object and move > NDS to get some momentum, then throw it away by moving > DS and releasing it.
BREATHE-IN - [5:], PO away, FO up, is held in front of nose. Back of hand moves to nose while hand closes.
BREATHE - (2h), POs > chest, FOs ><, hands move to and fro while signer breathes deeply.
FILL-UP - DH [B], PO down, rises until it slaps bottom of NDH, PO down. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - maximum.
(2h)YOU - Underlined prounouns (ME</>, YOU</>, HE) are honorific index (HON.-IX), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
GIVING - (2h)[O^], alt. touch heart aand then open as if giving from the heart.
GO-AHEAD - GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
SHINY - (2h)[open 8], POs down, FOs away, twist rapidly at wrists while rising. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Shine.
RIGHTEOUSNESS - Elbow of DH [S] is placed firmly against the backhand of NDH [B], PO down.
MESSAGE - STORY.
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
Refrain: Awake, O sleeper. Arise from death. Abandon the shadows of the night. The wind of the Spirit will be your breath, and Christ will fill you with light.
1. Once you were darkness. Once you were lost in the shadows. Once you were darkness. Now you are children of light.
2. Live as God's people. Live as God's justice and mercy, filled with compassion, filled with the power of love.
3. Shine out with the splendor of love. Shine with justice and righteousness. Sing the music your spirit has heard, the songs of glory and light!