EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: MY SOUL, ME LIFT-UP OFFER-TO-rt LORD. TO YOU-rt ME LIFT-UP OFFER-rt MY SOUL.
1. LORD, PLEASE INFORM-me ME YOUR-rt WAY++. TEACH-me ME LIVE RIGHT. HELP-me FOLLOW YOUR-rt TRUTH. YOU-rt GOD, TRUE-BIZ MY SAVIOR. Refrain
2. KNOW-THAT LORD HIMSELF-rt DO GOOD, ALWAYS RIGHTEOUS. PEOPLE THEY-lf REALLY-WANT CONNECT-TO-rt HIM-rt, HE-rt SHOW-lf HIS-rt WAY. (<) POOR, (>) HUMBLE, HE-rt SOFT-HEARTED LEAD. Refrain
3. IF THEY-lf REALLY-WANT CONNECT-TO-rt LORD, STUDY HIS WORD, LOVE PEOPLE LIKE GOD, HE-rt WILLING SUPPORT++-lf, HAVE-MERCY-ON-rt, NOT PUNISH. Refrain
Notes: ME - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
LIFT-UP - (2h)[B], PO down are held high and swoop down while supinating and then rise up again as if helping something mature and the hands continue up and FTs are directed > Heaven.
TRUE-BIZ - TRUE + (2h)[S], POs down, FOs away, DH brushes from side to side across NDH wrist.
KNOW-THAT - Starts like KNOW but twists and descends, looking almost like DON'T-KNOW except the hand twists down at the end.
RIGHTEOUS - Elbow of DH [S] is placed firmly against the backhand of NDH [B], PO down.
SOFT-HEARTED - HEART + (2h)[5^] descend slightly twice while closing to (2h)[O^] but hands close to heart.
REALLY-WANT - WANT but shaken back and forth to show intensity.
HAVE-MERCY-ON - (2h)[open 8], POs > people who are receiving mercy, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest.
Refrain: To You, O Lord, I lift my soul; to you I lift my soul.
1. Lord, make me know Your ways. Teach me Your paths, and keep me in the way of Your truth, for You are God my Savior.
2. For the Lord is good and righteous, revealing His way to those who seek Him, gently leading the poor and humble.
3. To the ones who seek the Lord, who look to His Word, who live His love, He will always be near. He will show them His Mercy.