EXPLANATION OF THE GLOSSING SYSTEM
(to understand how I describe the signs in this translation).
Refrain: ||: TODAY OUR SAVIOR BORN. CHRIST THE-lf LORD. || (After verse 4, add CHRIST THE-lf LORD one more time.)
1. SING TO GOD. SONG NEW* ANNOUNCE. (2h)#ALL COUNTRY SING, ANNOUNCE GOD. SING HAPPY. SING, ANNOUNCE OUR GOD L-O-V-E.
2. ANNOUNCE GOD SAVE FOREVER. HIS-rt GLORY, INFORM EARTH THEREABOUTS. TELL-STORY (2h)#ALL, OUR GOD DO MIRACLE.
3. COME-ON CELEBRATE OUR SAVIOR. HIMSELF-lf ARRIVE CONTROL EARTH IDEA~LIKE KING. (<) GO-AHEAD CONTROL, HAVE JUSTICE. (>) GO-AHEAD CONTROL HAVE-MERCY-ON-us FOREVER.
4. HEAVEN SHOULD HAPPY. EARTH SHOULD CELEBRATE. SEA CRASH-ON-SHORE MEAN ITSELF-ctr PRAISE GOD. (<) LAND FLAT THRILLED. (>) FOREST DEAF-APPLAUSE.
Notes: The signs between "||:" and ":||" are to be repeated.
THE-lf - Underlined words are honorific indices ("indexes"), using the FT of the upturned palm to indicate who is being honored.
(2h)#ALL - (2h)[A], POs ><, FOs up, are held at shoulder height and move away while opening to (2h)[L].
GLORY - (2h), POs><, FOs away from signer, DH which is on top wiggles fingers while ascending. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Glory.
THEREABOUTS - , PO down, FO away, circles parllel to the floor. For a QuickTime movie of this sign, see ASL browser - approximately.
MIRACLE - WONDERFUL(1x) WORK. For an animated gif of this sign, see Animated dictionary of religious signs - Deaf Missions: Miracle.
COME-ON - (2h)[B^] move in circles pivoting at the wrists to beckon someone to do something.
IDEA~LIKE - a blending where IDEA has a [Y] instead of an [I] in anticipation of LIKE which is signed smoothly right afterwards.
GO-AHEAD - (2h)[B^ dot], POs ><, FOs away, move forward in a jerk.
HAVE-MERCY-ON-us - (2h)[open 8], POs > signer, hands move in vertical circles normal (perpendicular) to the chest. For a QuickTime file of this sign, see ASL Pro: Mercy - 2.
CRASH-ON-SHORE - (2h)[B], POs down, DH FO > NDS, moves > NDH, strikes with palm and wgs while running over the shore line, mouth "pow" and withdraw.
FLAT - (2h)[B^], POs ><, FOs up, NDH is in from of the face at eye level and DH is beyond it and moves away.
DEAF-APPLAUSE - (2h), POs away, FOs up, hands are held high and rotate rapidly at wrists.
Refrain: ||: Today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord. :|| (After verse 4, add "Christ the Lord" one more time.)
1. Sing out to God a new song. Sing out to God all you lands. Sing out in joy. Sing out in love to our God.
2. Announce God's salvation forever, and glory proclaim to the earth. Tell all the peoples the wondrous deeds of our God.
3. Let us rejoice in our Savior, who has come now to rule the earth. Rule it in justice! Rule it in mercy forever!
4. Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice. Let the seas now resound in your praise! Let the plains be joyful, and the forest exult.